Millets – The smart food of the planet
Millets are one of the ancient foods known to humans. These cereal crops are the small-seeded hardy crops which can grow well semi-dry areas. Millet crops can withstand dry and high-temperature conditions yet yield well. Millets are nutritionally high in proteins, dietary fibre, B-complex vitamins, essential amino acids, folic acid & Vitamin E. They are particularly high in minerals such as, Iron, Magnesium, Copper, Phosphorous, Zinc, Calcium and Potassium. They are nutri-cereals comprising of sorghum, pearl millet, finger millet, foxtail millet, little millet, kodo millet, proso millet and barnyard millet.
Millets – Health Benefits
- High dietary fibre provides hunger satisfaction and helps reduce obesity
- Reduce the risk of diabetes & cardio vascular diseases
- Beneficial in treating and prevention of gallstones and stomach ulcers
- Nutritionally dense and reduce anaemia, liver disorder and asthma
- It’s hypo allergic properties help prevent allergic reactions
- Relieves constipation
- Lowers blood glucose response and reduce the risk of Type II diabetes
- Rich in anti-oxidants and hence reduce oxidative stress
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Reduce the occurrence of hypertension
Value Added Millet Products
Millets can blend well with common staples without any pronounced off flavors. They have potential to occupy as staples in life style suitable RTE foods, RTC foods, mixes, etc. There is wide scope for processing millets into breakfast flakes, pellets, RTE foods, RTC convenience foods, nutritional convenience foods, snacks.
Millet Private Label Manufacturing
Fibro Foods specialize in creating wholesome, healthy Ready-To-Cook, Ready-To-Mix, Ready-To-Eat and Functional Food Products using all available Millets. We have large portfolio of millet value added products that are available for private label manufacturing. Read more about our Private Label Manufacturing services and Contact us for further discussion.